The Gardens

THIS PAGE IS CURRENTLY BEING REVISED AND WILL BE UPDATED SHORTLY

Designed by COLIN WELLS-BROWN (1926-2013), the garden was initially hard scaped during the winter of 1992. This involved changing the ground levels in almost all the flower garden area, creating new ‘retaining’ walls (where necessary), terraces and the steps, as well as repairing the original perimeter walls.

Planting had begun in March 1993, in what was by then a virtually barren site of bare soil and muddy puddles. Apart from four trees, two shrubs and a laurel hedge, everything in the garden has been planted within the last 24 years. The growth has been remarkable, and the garden is now mature.